… my 100th post on the blog. Well… I never kept count of it, but just happened to notice it today.
Its been a really, really long time and two deleted blogs since I wrote anything really heavy… I mean, something which is sure to start fires in the pants of some people who might be reading this blog.
So. Here comes.
Anyone from TamilNadu would be very much aware of the current spate of hunger strikes and human chains… all being held “in support of the suffering Tamil people in Sri Lanka”.
Whats the deal? Seems like innocent “Tamilians” are caught in the war between the SriLankan Government forces and the LTTE. And I have seen the Tamil Actors’ guild call up a day of hunger strike, weep their tears, pledge money for assistance to the “Tamil Cause”. Blood relations, they call them. “Eminent” directors Ameer and Seeman were arrested a week or so before for speaking praises about “Annan (big brother)” Prabhakaran, the LTTE chief.
Karunanidhi, the chief minister of TamilNadu, is in a sad position. Neither can he vocally support LTTE, nor can he say publicly that LTTE is a terrorist organization. So, as brilliant he is, once the LTTE has been cornered in the north, he gave a loud call for ending the “genocide” against Tamils in Sri Lanka. And all of his “faithful dogs” (oh, the elected MPs, I mean) submitted token resignations in protest of the “genocide”.(I don’t even want to get in to describing the emotional drama put up by people like Vaiko of MDMK, Pazha. Nedumaran, Thirumavalavan, Ramadoss etc.)
A nice way to save the LTTE and at the same time score political points, no? Not to mention the distraction it provides from the current severe power crisis in TamilNadu, thanks to the inept skills of the Power Minister Arcot Veerasamy. (The funny part is he was very quick to put the blame on the previous Government run by Jayalalitha, saying that it had not done enough power schemes!!!)
So, where am I going with all these? I just have 2 points to make:
1) The war in Sri Lanka should not be stopped until Prabhakaran and his lieutenants have surrendered or are either captured/ killed. Much blood has been spilled on their account and leaving them free would guarantee another bloody decade. LTTE must disappear as a terrorist organization, completely, for peace to flourish in any place within Sri Lanka.
2) War is never fair. People will die, no matter the precautions taken. So, for all those idiots who wish to fan the much advertised flame of “Tamil” blood and whatnot, I say “Shut the f*** up!!”. No matter how much they cry, it is the internal issue of another sovereign country and you CANNOT dictate terms to them. Only thing you can do is to request them to end this war quickly and find a permanent solution. But making school children stand in heavy rain and blocking traffic for miles and miles makes you look stupid. (Oh and PLEASE don’t tell me that all the schools and colleges that participated in the human chain craziness did it voluntarily.)
To all those “Tamil” sentimantilists, I ask you these:
1) Do you justify LTTE’s methods and propaganda?
2) Will you send out your support only for another “Tamil” person? Why don’t you use your humanitarian concern and organize demonstrations and collect money in support for “humans” in places like Somalia… or support the democracy movement in Myanmar?
3) When you ask for Tamil Ealam for your “blood brothers and sisters”, do you also agree to the demands made by the militants from Pakistan who demand Kashmir for their “blood brothers and sisters”?
4) To the unscrupolous politicians… you people show too much emotion looking at the videos circulating around claiming how the Tamil people suffer in the war. Why now and why not before? This is a 30 or more year old problem… where were your emotions till now? Are you trying to save the innocent tamil people or the LTTE?
I have seen and heard so much crap the last few weeks, that my lips curl in disgust everytime I hear some politician fool speak about this issue.
Enough. May God save the innocent people.