Many pakistan actors earn their bread and butter using Indian money. And so they are expected to release a statement condemning the Uri attack.
This topic has been going on and on over the internet channels ad nauseum. So many ’eminent’ intellectuals have taken to both sides of the fence on this topic.
My view is that regardless of whether they condemn or not, chuck them out! They are part of the ‘trade’ that we engage with Pakistan. As part of the global initiative to isolate Pakistan, we should STOP ALL economic transactions with that country. For those who shed crocodile tears on giving peace a chance blah blah blah, go and stand as human shields to the terrorists at the LOC and get yourself shot in your nether parts.
No need for war… just squeeze them enough that the bloody barbarians who lead that country choke in their own vomit. Yes, the ‘innocents’ will suffer, but that’s the price they have to pay for not cleaning up their own garbage.
Yes… it can. Twice, actually.
My first experience of such a photo was of a famished, little girl somewhere in Africa… too tired to move, with a vulture waiting nearby for the passing. To say it was shocking is an understatement. That was the day I made a point to never waste food. That was before I got married and had children.
But the latest photo of little Aylan Kurdi, washed up on a beach…a child, who is a little younger than my eldest son… a photo no doubt that is now haunting millions of parents’ thoughts. And it will haunt me for a long, long time to come!
I don’t have it in me to put that photo up here myself… may he find peace in a better place.
But there are no words in languages of men or heaven or hell to curse the evil that has laid the road for this little boy’s departure from this world. May those demons burn for a thousand millenia and experience every death they caused a million times over!
“The young perish and the old linger, withering”: J.R.R. Tolkien. Very apt!
- Pictures, busts, statues of political leaders in government offices. They belong in museums or memorials… may be separate rooms. This is a huge culture issue, I acknowledge that. Nevertheless… the point stays.
- Political party flags – Ban them without exception, especially those that get put on a flagpole or on the car bonnets or held in rallies (which come later in the list)
- Vehicle Horns – no further explanation required. May be once these sonic triggers are removed, people would be forced to drive more carefully (would be a disaster, you say? may be for a starting period)
- Wall posters – High time we rid this country of this disease… putting up wall posters for everything ranging from puberty functions (yes you read that right… or in a more subtle wording… “coming of age” functions), sexual disease cures, job offers to the ever present menace of political posters.
- Flex boards (at least those on the side of roads, low height) – some are ads, many are just mega sized wall posters.
- Rallies (religious, political, strikes, protests, support… anything) which disrupt public transport and general movement of vehicles and pedestrians.
- Paid queues in temples – especially, do away with VVIP/VIP darshan.
- Loudspeakers in any religious organization or institution that is used on a regular basis and in events- temples, mosques, churches, prayer gatherings… whatever. Ban them or at least let them spend on some acoustics and limit the sound within their premises. Festivals might be an exception, but again within volume limits.
- Subsidies for pilgrimages – again, without exception.
- Printing pictures or paintings of Deities (no matter what the religion is) on plastic covers, paper bags, cloth bags, invitation covers, shirts, shawls etc. No exceptions. (I would have added the whole gamut of plastic, or plaster cast fancy mini idols and the millions of photo frames too, but let’s go with baby steps here.)
- Open air, unlicensed slaughterhouses
- Big shopping establishments without sufficient car parks (or licenses in the first place!)
- Release of more than one love story based film in a year, per language – we have an overflow of idiots flooding the cinema halls with obscenity and low grade songs/ dialogues, all in the name of contributing to “art”.
- Plastic or foam plates or cups, plastic packaging for hot items in food outlets
- Roadside eateries without clean water storage tanks or proper sinks (Oh how many times have I seen the same water in a bucket be used to clean utensils over and over again… not to mention the mess our people leave by washing hands on the pavement sides?)
- Marriages which cost beyond Rs. 20 lakhs (hmm… now why did I mention that here?)
- Hotels with rooms having toilets without a health faucet… bidet shower… bum gun… whatever. (seriously!)
I do have one last point… which may not be possible to ban, but should be made illegal. You want to know what that is?
I would like to make it illegal for people to marry unless they have a proper job and a place to stay (owned, rented… whatever… but certainly not a fish cart for a home). It is almost everyday that I see small children living in horrible, decrepit conditions because their parents don’t have the intelligence nor the sense control to keep their pants and skirts up, in the absence of proper living quarters and sustenance. No fundamental right to breed if you cannot provide for your family! There. I said it.
I will keep adding more as and when.(yeah I am just bored out!)
What are your thoughts?
Mantra – that which liberates the mind.
Some of the statements that I have heard (and not all of them were said to me) over the past couple of years literally makes my mind go Brrrffttzztt! How liberating!
You are a good performer, you really are. You did meet your goals and went the extra mile in many situations. But we just cannot give a 4 or 5 because we need to follow a distribution. Only 10% of the team size can be at a 4 or 5 rating. But you did get the highest % hike!
Guess what the team size was.
You did a good job last couple of months, but I give you a rating of 2 because your ex-boss, my predecessor, did not give me a summary of what you have accomplished.
How unique? Totally responsible and accountable!
There will be no raise for anyone in the company given the dismal market and our bad cash situation. But in appreciation of your hard work, we will still hand out the bonuses… as per your contracts.
And the CEO and his cronies gets a couple of hundred thousand dollars as performance bonus. Performance? What performance?
Soooo… another year has passed. It was just wonderful, really wonderful. Your performance has been fantastic… and I am giving you a rating of 4. I would like to give you a 5, but hey no one is perfect and there is always room for improvement. So, 4 it is.
So, 5 is basically the carrot. The stick is another year long!
And so it goes on.
Avijit Roy was murdered yesterday.
‘Unidentified assailants’… I think pretty much everyone can guess who the murderers might be. Murdering a man for just speaking his mind is atrocious. Him being an atheist or that he spoke against religion is no reason for murdering him.
These terrorist murderers are deranged fanatic misfits, their mind lingering on the fringes of insanity driven by misplaced and misguided faith, their zeal born out of ignorance and lack of self analysis, their actions driven by sheer arrogance and sense of being right in murdering innocents that can only arise from intense bigotry that has been watered for years in their cold, black and Godless hearts.
May their deaths, when it happens, be a thousand times more painful and thousand times more prolonged than the ones they cause.
We all know people might go to any lengths to actually prove a point of their beliefs (including me, I am only human after all)… but one article I came across today seems to the pinnacle of that effort. The gentleman who wrote that article has spent so much time and effort in trying to prove that the sacred hymn of Narayana Suktam is actually meant for Tripurasundari Devi and not Lord Narayana.
The gentleman keeps referring to his “detailed analysis” as to why Narayana in Narayana Suktam cannot refer to Lord Narayana… but the detailed analysis that he refers to is just a jugglery of root words… concluding with the ONLY MEANING of the word Narayana is “That being / entity whose direction is towards nara (purusha)” or “That being / entity whose goal is to move towards nara (and reach him as final destination)”. And boom… out of the blue, the Nara/Purusha is Shiva, the being/entity whose goal is to move towards Nara is Tripurasundari Devi.
Declaring that Bhagavad Gita was not spoken by Lord Krishna (seems like he was in a trance and Lord Shiva spoke through him), that Sita Devi is actually Parvati Devi and Lord Rama is actually Lord Shiva, Srimad Bhagavatam as a fake purana are the crown jewels of this twisty twist effort.
I did not spend too much time on any of the pages in the site (obviously), but it looks to me that people like these keep running their conclusions between Lord Shiva is supreme, or/and Shakti is supreme and then all of a sudden Lord Shiva becomes this formless, nameless, qualityless Parabrahman and Tripurasundari Devi becomes the cliched mystic kundalini in everyone’s body.
I have no problem if someone wants to worship only Lord Shiva, consider him as the Supreme Being, spread the goodness around… may his devotion grow forever and may his life be blessed. But I am clearly annoyed when people keep jumping between personalism and impersonalism like intoxicated monkeys when it comes to professing their devotion to Lord Shiva. In doing that, while thinking they are glorifying his mystic potency and showcasing their own intellectual prowess of understanding 2 irreconcilable positions as the same, they actually insult him in to nothingness.
Edit: I came across a site that rips apart this particular fancy theory of Narayana means Tripurasundari devi. Anyone interested can visit http://narayanastra.blogspot.in/p/the-absurdity-of-shakta-interpretations.html and enjoy the carnage.
கன்றின் குரலும் கன்னித் தமிழும் சொல்லும் வார்த்தை அம்மா அம்மா
கருணை தேடி அலையும் உயிர்கள் உருகும் வார்த்தை அம்மா அம்மா
எந்த மனதில் பாசம் உண்டோ அந்த மனமே அம்மா அம்மா
பூவும் பொன்னும் பொருந்தி வாழும் மழலை கேட்டேன் தந்தானவன்
நாளை உலகில் நீயும் நானும் வாழும் வழிகள் செய்வானவன்
Why doesn’t anyone write songs like these nowadays?
Almost (this being the key word) every damn movie nowadays is about some stupid love story, with some horrible, beaten path sequences, acrobatic fight sequences… can live with all that… but the songs…my god, the songs are murder! Most of them are absolutely crass, filthy and puke worthy.
I don’t think he actually worries about a problem which he is responsible for in the first place.
And… I wonder where his party bootlickers got the electricity to power all the fancy lights and stuff to massage his ego by “celebrating” the bogus “new” tamil new year on pongal day.
Power cut? What?
American ambassador to Libya killed
The protestors were actually protesting some video made by some jobless guy, which depicted Islam as a violent religion, and on top of that added some insults about their Prophet.
Fine… they can protest all they want. But rocket attacks and killings in response to a video? Overkill.
It is ironical that these dumb-ass protestors actually vindicated the video-maker’s standpoint!